What Do You Receive if Accepted?
Your Letter of Intent (LOI) is your application to attend the five workshops within APA-ENG. Each LOI will be reviewed and up to 100 authors will be selected. If selected, you will be able to:
- Participate in 5 workshops focused on publication of your manuscript.
- Receive direct feedback from journal editors that include Advances in Engineering Education, Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, and the Journal of Engineering Education.
- Advice on how to navigate journal selection, submission, and review.
- Participate in a competitive mini-grant program.
Why It’s a Great Opportunity
At every stage of a faculty career, publishing in journals is key to career advancement and success – from earning promotion and tenure, to annual merit reviews, to national recognition.
- Are you a new faculty member? Publishing is key to earning promotion, tenure, and annual merit review.
- Are you a junior faculty member? If you are tenure-track, to get credit for your KEEN innovations, you will need to publish in SoTL journals. If you are going up for full professor, you need to show national recognition. Journal publications are part of that package.
- Are you a senior faculty member? Even as a full professor, journal publications are an important part of your annual merit review and illustrate your continuing commitment to advance the field.
APA-ENG can get you comfortable and confident with publishing in the area of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).